Terms and Conditions
1.1 Goldberg Electricals is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and mobile application users. This policy details how Goldberg electricals will treat your personal information.
2. Collecting personal information
2.1 Goldberg Electricals may collect the following kinds of personal information from you using the following methods:
1. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
2. Information that you provide to us when registering with our website, user portals or mobile applications (including your email address, mobile phone number and other contact information);
3. Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website, user portals or mobile apps (including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, vehicle information and employment details, if any);
4. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
5. Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website or mobile app or that is generated in the course of the use of Goldberg’s services.
6. Information relating to any purchases you make of Goldberg Electricals goods and services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website, user portal or mobile apps (including name, contact details, and transaction details but excluding credit card information);
7. Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
8. Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to Goldberg Electricals or send through the Goldberg Electricals website, user portals or mobile apps (including your name, telephone number, email, location, the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
9. and any other personal information that you choose to send to or otherwise share with Goldberg Electricals.
2.2 Before you disclose to Goldberg Electricals the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to collection, use, disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy and you hereby represent and warrant to Goldberg Electricals that you have obtained such consent.
3. Using personal information
3.1 Personal information submitted to Goldberg Electricals through our website, user portals or mobile apps will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
1. Administer our website and business;
2. Personalize the Goldberg Electricals website, user portals and mobile apps for you;
3. Enable your use of the services available on the Goldberg Electricals website, user portals and mobile apps;
4. Send you goods purchased through the Goldberg Electricals website, user portals and mobile apps;
5. Supply to you services purchased through the Goldberg Electricals website, user portals and mobile apps;
6. Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
7. Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
8. Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
9. Send you email newsletters, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
10. Send you marketing communications relating to the Goldberg Electricals business or the businesses of affiliated third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
11. Provide third parties with anonymized statistical information about our users ;
12. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to your use of Goldberg Electricals services;
13. Keep Goldberg Electricals website, user portals and mobile app secure and prevent fraud; and
14. Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of Goldberg Electricals website, user portals or mobile apps.
3.3 Goldberg Electricals will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
4.1 Goldberg Electricals may disclose your personal information to any of its employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, service providers, or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, including for processing.
4.2 Goldberg Electricals may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, affiliates, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.3 Goldberg Electricals may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent that it is required to do so by law pursuant to a warrant or court order;
2. in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend Goldberg Electricals legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
4. To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
4.4 Except as provided in this policy, Goldberg Electricals will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. International data transfers
5.1 Information that Goldberg Electricals collects may be stored, accessed, processed, and transferred outside of the United States, in any of the countries in which we operate, or in which the entities listed in sections 4.1 and 4.2 operate, in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
5.2 Personal information that you publish on Goldberg Electricals website or submit for publication on Goldberg Electricals website may be available, via the internet, around the world. Goldberg Electricals cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
5.3 You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section.
6. Retaining personal information
6.1 This section sets out Goldberg Electricals data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that Goldberg Electricals complies with legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
6.2 Personal information that Goldberg Electricals collects for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Goldberg Electricals will then delete or anonymize your personal information.
6.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, Goldberg Electricals will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
1. to the extent that Goldberg Electricals is required to do so by law;
2. if Goldberg Electricals believes that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend Goldberg Electricals legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).